We all love rice krispy treats. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of making them with my mom. To this day, I still love mixing up a batch of those delicious gooey treats. They don’t seem to last very long in our house either. If I’m being honest, most desserts don’t. This weekend I wanted to whip up my version of this yummy dessert. I love the traditional ones, but these are my favorite. I have told you all that I think that peanut butter and chocolate can make the world a better place. There is no better combination. My Rice Krispy Treats recipe incorporates my love of this duo. I thought I might share it with you all. Happy Baking.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 pkg. Miniature Marshmallows
1 cup Chocolate Chips or M&Ms
8 cups Rice Krispies
- Grease a large baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and peanut butter over medium heat. Stir occasionally to keep from burning. When mixture is completely smooth, add all of your marshmallows. Stir marshmallows until they have completely melted.
- When mixture is completely smooth, remove pot from heat and add chocolate chips and Rice Krispies. Stir mixture with a spatula until all of the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Scoop mixture into the prepared pan, using spatula to press mixture evenly into the pan.
- Refrigerate pan for an hour before cutting into squares.