Hello summer! I am so excited for the beginning of this long fun filled season. It’s the beginning of beach days, pool parties, afternoons at the park, barbecues, camp outs, and so much more. Last weekend was our first three day weekend of the summer for Memorial Day. We had a full weekend as a family planned. It included family, friends, and barbecues.
During this season, there are so many different invitations to hang out with friends. There will be no shortage of fun in the summer sun. I truly hate to show up empty handed. Even if my host or hostess says they don’t need anything. I have gotten creative with my hostess gifts. It’s one of my favorite things to do. Last Sunday, I created a patriotic themed hostess gift in honor of Memorial day. The great thing about it, is we have several patriotic holidays throughout the year, so it’s one you can put together for other holidays as well!
So I call this recipe my White Chocolate Pretzel Bark. It was a hit at our party last weekend. It was all gone halfway through the party. Next time I’ll have to make a bigger batch! It’s quick and easy, so try it out.
White Chocolate Pretzel Bark
1. Begin by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Next, separate your red and blue M & Ms from the rest of the colors and set them aside.
3. Sprinkle pretzels and Oreos evenly over the entire surface of the parchment paper.
4. Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and add shortening on top. Heat chips for 45 seconds and then removed the bowl and stir them around a bit. Return them to microwave and heat them again for another 40 seconds. Remove them from the microwave and stir them up with a spatula until all the lumps are gone and chocolate is smooth.
5. Pour melted chocolate on top of your pretzels and Oreos. Make sure you cover all of your pieces. Immediately after pouring your chocolate, sprinkle it with your M & Ms and colored sprinkles.
6. Place your cookie sheet in the freezer for about ten minutes, so your chocolate can harden. Then remove it from the freezer and use your hands to break it up into jagged pieces.
7. Now come up with a creative and fun way to package your delicious hostess gift. I guarantee that it will be a hit!!!